- I post a butt and TWO clues, you guess who that butt belongs to in the comments. If you guess right, you get 5 points. (No bonus for being first.)
- Comments are moderated, which means they sit in my inbox quietly until I choose to publish them, so you won't see anyone else's guesses.
- HOWEVER, if you CORRECTLY identify the artistic work in question, you earn a bonus 5 points. (Provided of course, that it differs from the subject's name alone and the artist is known at all)
- The following Friday, I reveal the subject, along with the full backside image of the sculpture in question! If at this point you can correctly identify artist/title of the piece, you can earn an additional 2.5 points, and you may guess artist/title until the next round of NAME THAT BUTT begins.
- I'll keep a running tally of correct answers/points, with occasional updates of who is "winning."
- For Olympians, Greek AND Roman names are acceptable, because half of these sculptures were probably titled with their Roman names but in my head, they immediately translate to the Greek, and that's how I remember them when I'm organizing my photos.
- The game will continue for as long as I have photographs of backsides to share, but a new NAME THAT BUTT may not be posted every week, depending on Things.
So WHO do those two fabulous butts belong to?!
Butt 1 was:
Antaeus the Giant!
and Butt 2 was, of course:
Some of you might not be familiar with this myth -- though I'm pretty sure Antaeus makes an appearance in the Percy Jackson books! -- so check out this post from The Other Me for the scoop!
The fun isn't over yet! You have until Sunday night 11:59pm to get your final guesses in for those last 2.5 artist/title points and Tuesday I'll be announcing TWO winners -- One for Stage 2 points, and One for most points overall, who shall be known as the reigning champion of the first Annual NAME THAT BUTT challenge!