- I post a butt and clues, you guess who that butt belongs to in the comments. If you guess right, you get 5 points. (No bonus for being first.)
- Comments are moderated, which means they sit in my inbox quietly until I choose to publish them, so you won't see anyone else's guesses.
- HOWEVER, if you CORRECTLY identify the artistic work in question, you earn a bonus 5 points. (Provided of course, that it differs from the subject's name alone and the artist is known at all)
- The following Friday, I reveal the subject, along with the full backside image of the sculpture in question! If at this point you can correctly identify artist/title of the piece, you can earn an additional 2.5 points, and you may guess artist/title until the next round of NAME THAT BUTT begins.
- I'll keep a running tally of correct answers/points, with occasional updates of who is "winning."
- For Olympians, Greek AND Roman names are acceptable, because half of these sculptures were probably titled with their Roman names but in my head, they immediately translate to the Greek, and that's how I remember them when I'm organizing my photos.
- The game will continue for as long as I have photographs of backsides to share, but a new NAME THAT BUTT may not be posted every week, depending on Things.
The Butts in Question!
1) These Butts are part of the same bronze!
2) One of these butts lets no man stand in its way, but(t) this was certainly not a labor of love.
3) The other Butt would be the bane of any homeowners association today. Skulls as building material are most definitely not up to code!
NB: For the Finale, you can earn 5 points per butt! Knowing Which Butt is Which is half the Challenge, and therefore, necessary to getting FULL points on your guess! If you mix them up, you'll be docked 2.5 points, so guess wisely! You have until Thursday, 11:59pm for full points!
Okay, I definitely know the myth! It's Heracles and Antaeus.ReplyDelete
Putting in my best guess that A is Antaeus and B is Heracles. *fingers crossed*
Heracles (Butt #2) and that...guy he had to lift off the ground to kill? Polythemeus? Yeah, that's the ticket. That guy. He'd be Butt #1, if I could remember his name... Bob? Steve? Voldemort?ReplyDelete