- I post a butt and clues, you guess who that butt belongs to in the comments. If you guess right, you get 5 points. A New Butt will go up on each Tuesday, and I'll do the reveals on Friday. You only get ONE image from which to Name That Butt!
- If you CORRECTLY identify the artistic work (title/artist) in question, you earn a additional 5 points total: 2.5 for title, 2.5 for artist. (Provided of course, that it differs from the subject's name alone and the artist is known at all) There will be NO second opportunity to guess for fewer points.*
- There may or may not be bonus points up for grabs in addition on Wednesdays over at blog.amaliacarosella.com depending on the butt! When applicable they will be announced on Tuesday in the main post and instructions for how to bonus it up will be included in the bonus post!
- You'll have the whole #NameThatButt season to claim those bonus points when they're offered!!! So feel free to guess on the bonus offerings until the FINAL butt has been revealed.
- You may ONLY submit your guess as a blog comment on this blog (or the appropriate post on blog.amaliacarosella.com for bonus points**) -- I will not accept guesses via any other method!
- As always, comments will be MODERATED, so don't worry that your comment doesn't appear at the bottom of the post -- it isn't supposed to. (If you're afraid it didn't go through, feel free to check in with me via twitter or facebook and I will confirm that your guess arrived in my inbox.)
- As always, #NameThatButt is open INTERNATIONALLY! This year's prizes include a 10 pack of Santa Herc Butt holiday cards (suitable for the winter holiday of your choice) and a pack of Tamer of Horses playing cards (standard 52+Jokers deck.) Plus other authorly swag.
*For Olympians, Greek AND Roman names are acceptable for the subject guesses. For example, if the butt belongs to Mercury, I will also accept Hermes as a correct answer. Titles of works must be exact, however.
**You may opt to guess both the butt and the bonus in one comment, and that's fine. But you must name that butt during the regulation week, BEFORE the reveal on Friday, or I cannot count it, for obvious reasons.
OKAY! ARE YOU READY?!
And we're starting off strong this year with a *very* famous butt from across the sea --
- This Butt is NOT from the Greco-Roman pantheon.
- Despite being an underdog, you could say this Butt was carved to Biblical proportions.
- This Butt was more accustomed to slaying beasts while protecting the flock than fighting warriors on the battlefield.
There will be no bonus for this week, but expect one in round two! (And expect it to be along the same lines as last year's bonus opportunities -- a related #NamethatBook companion.)
Let's NAME THAT BUTT!!!!
Amazon | Barnes&Noble
Amazon | Barnes&Noble
Ooh, would that be Michelangelo's David, by any chance? :DReplyDelete
That's Michaelangelo's David!!ReplyDelete
OO OO!!! Michelangelo's David!! \o/ReplyDelete
David by Michaelangelo? (I don't know oor that's the right title O_0)ReplyDelete