Venus and Cupid!
(You guys are lucky el husband took another picture of this fountain because all the shots I took are super the most crooked ever terrible photos! ha.)
Follower of Giovanni Bologna
Italian 16th Century
and now, THE FINAL CHAPTER!
Since this is the LAST BUTT, let's get some bonus pointage in here.
- First person to guess the subject of the sculpture CORRECTLY gets an additional 5 points! (total potential max if you guess title/artist/subject and are first? 15 points!)
- First person to guess correctly AND include a brief, humorous recounting of their favorite myth involving said butt, gets an additional 10 points. (total potential max if you guess title/artist/subject and tell me a mythic story first? 20 points!)
- There will be two bonuses awarded, which means that even if you are the very first correct guess and you include the story for the bonus 10 points, the person who correctly guesses after you will get the first correct guess sans story 5 point bonus, still. Because I'm generous that way.
- What does this mean? it means it is ANYONE's game!
Also, let's talk about The Prizes
- Postcards of Butts (for the grand prize and runner(s) up!)
AND the player with the MOST points will have their choice of:
- A 2nd Annual #NameThatButt Champion t-shirt (yes it will have a butt, yes, it will say you are the champion, I may even offer you a limited choice of which butt -- depending on which butts have the resolution for t-shirting. I should be able to offer Hercules, at least. Not sure who else yet!)OR
- an autographed copy of a Fate of the Gods book of their choice (FORGED BY FATE, FATE FORGOTTEN, TAMING FATE, or BEYOND FATE, or I also have an ARC of the POSTCARDS FROM ASGARD novella which I'll be happy to sign and send, if you have all the others).
AND THE FINAL BUTT IN QUESTION:
- This butt has no respect for the temples and sensibilities of its fellows.
- This butt's offspring includes heroes AND villains! (though really, some heroes were pretty villainous by today's standards so...)
- More than one of this butt's affairs of the flesh resulted in children who were... horses.
Complete Rules are Below! You have until 11:59 pm Thursday, November 13th to drop your guesses regarding this glorious backside in the comments of this post for full maximum pointage and potential bonus awards.
- Comments will be moderated. You will NOT see your comment appear immediately after posting!
- I post a butt and clues, you guess who that butt belongs to in the comments. If you guess right, you get 5 points.
- If you CORRECTLY identify the artistic work (title/artist) in question, you earn a bonus 5 points total: 2.5 for title, 2.5 for artist. (Provided of course, that it differs from the subject's name alone and the artist is known at all)
- The following Friday, I reveal the full backside image of the sculpture in question! If at this time you can correctly identify artist/title/subject of the piece, you can earn up to 3 points (total -- 1 point for artist, 1 point for title, 1 point for subject)
- You may guess artist/title/subject until the next round of NAME THAT BUTT begins. (Usually the next Tuesday -- I'll reveal the previous week's sculpture and offer the next butt for guessing!)
- I'll keep a running tally of correct answers/points, with occasional updates of who is "winning."
- For Olympians, Greek AND Roman names are acceptable for the subject guesses. For example, if the butt belongs to Mercury, I will also accept Hermes as a correct answer.
- A new NAME THAT BUTT may NOT be posted every week, depending on Things. And all Name That Butt photos belong to me (unless otherwise noted)! Please do not reuse without permission.
- There will be Prizes at the finish. They will be shipped internationally.
Amazon | Barnes&Noble