VR Barkowski for awarding me the Happy Blog Award! I definitely am feeling the love right now, and since part of receiving this award requires me to list 10 things that make me happy, I think I'll jump right in with:
1) Receiving Awards!
These are, of course, in no particular order. Lots of things make me happy, and I'm sure we can all agree that there are many meaningful things in life that should be ranked above blog-awards, but they still bring a smile to my face, and remind me of how fortunate I am to have met so many wonderful bloggers and fellow writers. On with the list!
2) Sea Shanties and Folk Music (as if you didn't know)
3) Family and Friends
I apologize if some of these are obvious, but you know, it's the simple things! like:
5) Playing on the Swings
6) Playing Board Games
7) Reading Comic Books
Especially Thor. I love the art, and the art of telling the story through the medium. I just think it's fabulous. I mean, I also love reading regular books, and imagining it all for myself, but there's something about the inhuman and godly glory of the retold myths and their illustrations that just resonates with me. I love the incredibly impossible muscles, and the women who beat down on villains in high heels without ever twisting an ankle. I'm envious of comic book artists. I wish I could draw like that.
Lets see, what else?
8) Reading in general. Definitely.
9) Workshops with Crit partners and Reader Response.
I just got a copy of one of my books back from a reader with all his comments and corrections, and it was better than Christmas morning.
10) Sharing a Meal.
There is nothing better to me, than sharing a lunch or a dinner or a breakfast with family and friends. I love sitting down over a meal and sharing conversation as well as food. I love preparing a traditional family dish well, and sharing my food-traditions with others. When you share a meal, it isn't just about the food, it's about being with one another, and taking that time just to enjoy it.
Now, I'm supposed to pick 10 blogs that make me happy to pass on the award. I'm going to pick 5, because I'm a wimp.
1) Stephanie Thornton at Hatshepsut. I mean, c'mon, have you see all the squirrels?
2) Gary Corby at A dead man fell from the sky... Because the kind of historical information he shares is exactly the kind of thing that I can't get enough of. Plus there's usually some great conversation to be had in the comments, and he offers an excellent insight into the writing and publishing process.
3) Frankie at Frankie Writes. Because she is Hilarious! Especially her commentary on her childhood writing. The woman cracks me up.
4) SQRT(D) at Dmitri Demidov's Meal, who has taken on the challenge of 350 blog posts in the year 2010. I know I just awarded him an award, but what can I say? The blog makes me happy!
5) Diana Paz at Writing Roller Coasters. Because she is also hilarious. Her story-telling, just in her blog about the things going on, is fabulous! I can only imagine what her "real" writing is like!
Okay, okay, Six, because I don't want to leave out Sarah at The Wit and Wisdom of Another Sarah who is just a happy person in general, and deserves a happy blog award!
So there you have it. Go out and spread the joy!
And don't forget to subscribe to THE AMALIAD, to stay up to date on Authors!me. Or become a Patron of my work over on Patreon!
Tuesday, January 12, 2010
Happy Blogs Make Happy Writers
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Aww, yay! :D It makes me happy when you get awards.ReplyDelete
Do you know what else would make me happy? Playing folk music for you (mine or other folks').
HUGE bonus if we accomplish this in a sea shanty.
Do you do Sea Shanties?
I've not done, but I would do!ReplyDelete
OMG thank you for my award and wow you called me a woman! I feel sooooo grown up:-) Thanks bunches!!!ReplyDelete
Haha. You're welcome, Frankie :)ReplyDelete
Awwww... Thanks! This award is super tasty- makes me want cupcakes with buttercream frosting!ReplyDelete
Stephanie--I was fairly certain it wasn't one you had already, at least :)ReplyDelete
Oh I love this! It makes me happy! I love playing board games and swings too.ReplyDelete
Oh WOW you are so incredibly sweet! Thank you for this award and for giving my blog such a great mention; what an awesome surprise! I told myself I would tame down the "awesome" use, but I can't help it in this case! *Hugs* You're awesome!!-- oh crap, there goes the over-exclamation-pointing. Still, SO warranted!! Thank you!!!ReplyDelete
And I love playing board games too! I LOVE Clue best, I think :)
You're welcome, Diana! :) And you can certainly feel free to overuse Awesome on this blog any time you want!ReplyDelete