VR Barkowski must have known that I was trying to keep my head down, and passed it along! According to VR's blog, I am now forced to tell you six outrageous lies and at least one outrageous truth. I feel rather unequel to this task, I have to admit, and I'm not sure where to begin-- but maybe that's the point! Sometimes we all need to stretch ourselves to meet the challenge of writing something we're not sure we can, and I'd like to thank VR for giving me this challenge!
Now, let me think...
1) I spent the first two years of my college career actively trying to repel my now-husband. Needless to say, it was not love at first sight.
2) Rod Serling of Twilight Zone fame was a close friend of my Grandmother's.
3) I convinced my parents I wanted to go to the University of Alaska, Fairbanks, so that when I told them I only planned to go to North Dakota, they would be so relieved they wouldn't fight with me about it. It worked.
4) I'm fluent in Spanish.
5) My sister is named Raphaella, after the great renaissance artist. She got teased a lot as a kid because of the Ninja Turtles.
6) When my brother invited me to have a double-wedding with him, I refused.
7) In a past life, I was Luke Skywalker, and I blew up the Death star.
(Yeah, okay, so I got a little bit carried away there at the end.)
Feel free to guess away! I'll let you know the facts tomorrow!
And I'd like to pass this award on to my friend SQRT(D) at Dmitri Demidov's MEAL who will no doubt have some way more entertaining items on his list than I had on mine.
Also, to TrishaleighKC over at A Novel History, because her last blog post ASKED for it :)
Enduring Fate, a new Fate of the Gods novella, is available now! And Concealing Fate is also available now in ebook and paperback!
And don't forget to subscribe to THE AMALIAD, to stay up to date on Authors!me. Or become a Patron of my work over on Patreon!