Yeah, maybe I was less outrageous than just sly. The answers you've all been waiting for are here!
1) I spent the first two years of my college career actively trying to repel my now-husband. Needless to say, it was not love at first sight.
ABSOLUTELY TRUE. I did not make it easy for him at all. I used to go so far as to swap shifts with people so that I didn't have to work with him on weekends. I avoided him at all costs. Thankfully, he didn't give up easily!
2) Rod Serling of Twilight Zone fame was a close friend of my Grandmother's.
False. However, Rod Serling did go to high school with my grandmother! To my knowledge however, they were not friends.
3) I convinced my parents I wanted to go to the University of Alaska, Fairbanks, so that when I told them I only planned to go to North Dakota, they would be so relieved they wouldn't fight with me about it. It worked.
False. I genuinely wanted to go to college in Alaska more than anything else in the world. My father loved the idea, but my mother was NOT sold, and put her foot down. Alaska was out. So I settled for the next best thing within the continental United States.
4) I'm fluent in Spanish.
False. I wish. I was passable with it in middle school and high school. I even wrote a short story with a friend entirely in Spanish entitled Bob el Murcielago. Unfortunately, my partial fluency did not last much beyond 10th grade, and now I'm a pretty hopeless case. Here's hoping Icelandic sticks a bit better.
5) My sister is named Raphaella, after the great renaissance artist. She got teased a lot as a kid because of the Ninja Turtles.
Close call. My sister was very NEARLY named Raphaella, but my father got to the birth certificate first. Seriously.
6) When my brother invited me to have a double-wedding with him, I refused.
False. I invited my brother to have a double wedding with me, and he agreed. It was a pretty awesome time! My other brother was kind of jealous that he couldn't join us and make it a triple wedding.
7) In a past life, I was Luke Skywalker, and I blew up the Death star.
Obviously, this one was true too...
So there you have it. Now you know. I hope it wasn't too much of a disappointment. :)
Enduring Fate, a new Fate of the Gods novella, is available now! And Concealing Fate is also available now in ebook and paperback!
And don't forget to subscribe to THE AMALIAD, to stay up to date on Authors!me. Or become a Patron of my work over on Patreon!