everyone's favorite god of wine, ecstasy, and ritual madness:
I might be in love with this sculpture, just for the record.
The Full Deets:
Collection of Erving and Joyce Wolf
Rules are now behind the cut for Tuesday posts because I kind of hate looking at them -- but be sure to check them out if you haven't!
And ONWARD to Round 3:
- These foundling butts founded an empire!
- One of these adorable sets of cherub cheeks will be washed in the blood of the other.
- It's a miracle these butts survived to adulthood.
You've got until Thursday, October 23rd 11:59pm Eastern to get MAXIMUM points -- but unlike previous double butts, you don't have to know which butt belongs to whom (because I don't!) you just need to name them both for full credit.
- Comments will be moderated. You will NOT see your comment appear immediately after posting!
- I post a butt and clues, you guess who that butt belongs to in the comments. If you guess right, you get 5 points.
- If you CORRECTLY identify the artistic work (title/artist) in question, you earn a bonus 5 points total: 2.5 for title, 2.5 for artist. (Provided of course, that it differs from the subject's name alone and the artist is known at all)
- The following Friday, I reveal the full backside image of the sculpture in question! If at this time you can correctly identify artist/title/subject of the piece, you can earn up to 3 points (total -- 1 point for artist, 1 point for title, 1 point for subject)
- You may guess artist/title/subject until the next round of NAME THAT BUTT begins. (Usually the next Tuesday -- I'll reveal the previous week's sculpture and offer the next butt for guessing!)
- I'll keep a running tally of correct answers/points, with occasional updates of who is "winning."
- For Olympians, Greek AND Roman names are acceptable for the subject guesses. For example, if the butt belongs to Mercury, I will also accept Hermes as a correct answer.
- A new NAME THAT BUTT may NOT be posted every week, depending on Things. And all Name That Butt photos belong to me (unless otherwise noted)! Please do not reuse without permission.
- There will be Prizes at the finish. They will be shipped internationally.
Amazon | Barnes&Noble