I know we're all on the edge of our seat with excitement about the new ketchup packets coming to us from Heinz-- dunk OR squirt!-- so I'll keep it short today!
I don't really have a theme for this post, partly because I'm killing myself on revisions which is making me lazy about the blog. My attention span is short, so some bullets!
1) I wrote a review of Marvel's Thor, volumes 1 and 2 for GeekaChicas. You've probably heard me rave about it here, already, but I really think that J. Michael Straczynski's Thor, volume 1, was one of the best comic book trades I've read in.. Well, Ever. For more info on why, check out the review! (Some of you who have been around for a while may recognize parts--I ranted about Volume 2 over here a bit.)
2) I also recently laid out a post on Dual-Fatherhood and Jesus for GeekaChicas, an expansion of a post I wrote back in October or November for this blog. You can blame Theseus for that one. If you're offended by the idea that mythologies and religions all feed into one another, and Christianity is not an exception to that rule, you might want to skip it! Otherwise, give it a click and explore the variations on the theme!
3) Revisions are going VERY well on my end. I did some cuts and some rewrites, and I'm really proud of where this book is going. Recently I made the less-difficult-than-anticipated decision of cutting my prologue from the book, and It's SO much stronger for it. It wasn't agonizing at all--it just felt right. I'm aiming for completion by February 15th, now, and I hope you all hold me to it!
4) For the first time since grade school, I'm going to make an effort to keep track of the books I read this year. So far I've made it through three. Maybe I'll do a monthly book report for what I've read. Does Beta-reading novels count?
5) I've made some progress on the Icelandic flavoring front with the help of one of the books I got for Christmas, The Sagas of the Icelanders. It's not much, but I like it. Unfortunately I still don't have a good no-nonsense, non-textbook translation of the Eddas, but it's only a matter of time...
6) This website looks like it's pretty cool. Just in case you ever need help keeping your Olympians straight, it's got an awesome family tree. This guy(?) is apparently putting together comic books about each of the Olympians in turn, which I think is awesome! Anything that gets kids into mythology is a good thing, and comic books are definitely IN right now.
7) Trying to figure out how to make time to write? Here's a great post by Trinza at Tall Tales on how best to ensure you're making it happen!
Keep your fingers crossed that we don't get snowed in on Saturday-- I've got places to be!
The Queen and her Brook Horse, An Orc Saga Novella, Book 2.5, is here to tide you over until Orc3!
Enduring Fate, a new Fate of the Gods novella, is available now! And Concealing Fate can be pre-ordered now!
And don't forget to subscribe to THE AMALIAD, to stay up to date on Authors!me. Or become a Patron of my work over on Patreon!