- I post a butt and some clues, you guess who that butt belongs to in the comments. If you guess right, you get 5 points. (No bonus for being first.)
- Comments are moderated, which means they sit in my inbox quietly until I choose to publish them, so you won't see anyone else's guesses.
- HOWEVER, if you CORRECTLY identify the artistic work in question from the BUTT ONLY photo, you earn a bonus 5 points. (Provided of course, that it differs from the subject's name alone and the artist is known at all)
- The following Friday, I reveal the subject, along with the full backside image of the sculpture in question! If at this point you can correctly identify artist/title of the piece, you can earn an additional 2.5 points, and you may guess artist/title until the next round of NAME THAT BUTT begins.
- I'll keep a running tally of correct answers/points, with occasional updates of who is "winning."
- For Olympians, Greek AND Roman names are acceptable, because half of these sculptures were probably titled with their Roman names but in my head, they immediately translate to the Greek, and that's how I remember them when I'm organizing my photos.
- The game will continue for as long as I have photographs of backsides to share, but a new NAME THAT BUTT may not be posted every week, depending on Things.
Let the Games Begin!
|photo © me!|
1) This bottom is best known for exacting punishments -- even newborn children are not safe from its wrath!
2) Some say this butt was born beneath a willow tree.
3) We can only marvel that this butt did not kick its spouse to the curb for all said spouse's infidelities. Perhaps it is a butt of infinite patience in the face of betrayal, or perhaps these butts had very different feelings about what marriage means.
You have until Thursday, August 29th at 11:59pm Eastern to NAME THAT BUTT in the comments below!
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.ReplyDelete
this comment snuck in before I could turn on moderation -- so I'm copy-pasting it back in!Delete
Hehe, that's Hera all right!! :DReplyDelete
No idea on the artist though.
Your clues, they make it too easy. #3 in particularReplyDelete
unless it's not Hera's butt, in which case I'm going to feel very sily.
That can only be a butt belonging to Hera. But (hehe) I don't recognize the sculpture!ReplyDelete