- I post a butt and TWO clues, you guess who that butt belongs to in the comments. If you guess right, you get 5 points. (No bonus for being first.)
- Comments are moderated, which means they sit in my inbox quietly until I choose to publish them, so you won't see anyone else's guesses.
- HOWEVER, if you CORRECTLY identify the artistic work in question, you earn a bonus 5 points. (Provided of course, that it differs from the subject's name alone and the artist is known at all)
- The following Friday, I reveal the subject, along with the full backside image of the sculpture in question! If at this point you can correctly identify artist/title of the piece, you can earn an additional 2.5 points, and you may guess artist/title until the next round of NAME THAT BUTT begins.
- I'll keep a running tally of correct answers/points, with occasional updates of who is "winning."
- For Olympians, Greek AND Roman names are acceptable, because half of these sculptures were probably titled with their Roman names but in my head, they immediately translate to the Greek, and that's how I remember them when I'm organizing my photos.
- The game will continue for as long as I have photographs of backsides to share, but a new NAME THAT BUTT may not be posted every week, depending on Things.
And Round One's Butt Belongs To...
|photo © me!|
For some thoughts on this perplexing goddess, scope out this post from the Other Me.
You have until Monday, 11:59pm eastern to nab half those extra bonus points for title and artist, so get your google on, and make it so!
Ooh, is it, by any chance, "Juno with Her Peacock" by Antoine-Louis Barye?ReplyDelete